Video Clip of Young German Gymnasts Training

Started by Coach Sommer, September 24, 2009 · 6 Replies · 3,481 Views

Coach Sommer

The following is a nice video clip of young German Gymnasts training in 2007. It includes some basic stretching, handstand, light tumbling and some technical skill development work on the equipment.

Interestingly I will be attending a tri-competition/training camp with the Jr National Teams of the US, Germany and Canada next month at the US Olympic Training Center. It will be fun to see if any of the boys in the video improved enough to make the German Jr National Team.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

0dfa_xrrqFg

Scott Malin

Very nice find. Schülerkader means "school squad" or specialized school group so if this is actually one of the local schools (most clubs I've seen say "Turnen trainieren") then I'm really impressed with what they're doing over there. Good luck with the camp, it sounds like an awesome experience for all three teams.

Ryan Libke

Cool video. Is the safety technique on the high bar typical? I.e. the sliding of the mat over the bar after the athlete has launched away from the bar?

Richard Duelley

I slide a mat for a guy working releases at my gym . . . we dont have a pit though so its really scary at times :shock:

So I would say that it is a typical way of protecting the athlete.

Blairbob

yeah you can get these big high bar round mats that slide on over the bar instead of a mat. pretty nice.

Valentin

COOL..thanks for sharing coach.

phken4343

I should try out the exercises the kids did from 1:13~1:17. :P