This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Soreness

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, November 17, 2015 · 7 Replies · 275 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So, did FSs yesterday and pushed it all to the point where I found myself saying "this stinks" but wasn't in agony. Woke up today and wasn't sore. Should I consider it then that the FSs I did yesterday I did too lightly? I found myself in deeper ROM in the vertical shin and standing pike stretches (ROM that I had never reached before/depth with my quad that was also unfamiliar territory), the calf raises also were intense but were manageable for the first time. I got my hands flat on the floor for the first time yesterday with ease (after the series) and could do so pretty well this morning. I know that we're supposed to be sore after each stretch, but today I wasn't, I also have more ROM as a result of yesterday than I ever have prior to today. So, while I'm inclined to think I didn't push it hard enough I'm reluctant to do so given my gains in ROM. Thoughts?

Jason Dupree

Maybe it's waiting till tomorrow to show up ;) but just like with exercise, soreness isn't an indicator of progress, progress is.

Stephen Majerle

I think you did it just right if you gained ROM. I don't typically get sore from stretching either.

Keilani Gutierrez

same. I usually get sore a few days after or a 24hr period after wake up feeling it.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Good to know. Before I would be sore because I was basically overdoing it. I found that when I dialed it back a bit I actually gained more in ROM and active flexibility, even though I wasn't as sore. Glad to see I can corroborate that others have had similar experiences.

Jon Douglas

Don't necessarily judge it by soreness, but take note of it in your head. it's possible that yes, you had a bit more to give in that session. That doesn't mean you wasted the session or anything, just something that you may want to think over next time you are in a hard position thinking 'this sucks' :)

Cole Dano

Where do you guys get all these weird ideas?

 

Soreness is rarely an indicator of anything.

Keilani Gutierrez
Cole Dano said:

Where do you guys get all these weird ideas?

Soreness is rarely an indicator of anything.

internet. :P