I'm not able to get my leg straight in this one. What's the correct way to scale?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Front split series -- Vertical shin straight leg
Started by wamarler, November 16, 2015 · 5 Replies · 327 Views
are you referring to the last elements? bent rear leg HF stretch, straight front leg? or the standing single leg pike?
Hey Keilani, thanks. I'm referring to the 2 stretches prior to the final 2m standing pike, FSS-SE22 & FSS-SE23, the "Vertical Lunge Straight".
I would guess putting the back knee up on blocks would be a good way to scale.
I scaled these by simply extending my front leg and leaving a small bend. after some more quad flexibility progressed, i straightened the leg and scaled up by having my torso straighter and taller. eventually you can sit your butt upto the wall and drop the quad lower until touchdown happens.wamarler said:Hey Keilani, thanks. I'm referring to the 2 stretches prior to the final 2m standing pike, FSS-SE22 & FSS-SE23, the "Vertical Lunge Straight".
Just wanted to check back in; giving it time, and working a little more straightness into my legs each week has worked. I now have a fully straight right leg, and left leg is almost there.