Airflare help :)

Started by shaxy, November 15, 2015 · 3 Replies · 2,604 Views

shaxy

I have been struggling with this move a lot, and was hoping this would be a great place to get some tips. The problem I have with airflare is that I can't land it, and I think this is because im bringing my legs down, and I have a fear of going more vertical. I think that if I would go more vertical I would land higher and feel more control . Right now I try to be aware of my legs, timing, and hips, but still everything is going wrong.


here are some clips 1 week between each one


 



 



 


 


 


 


I tried a lot of things but nothing really helps. I can't find any logic in the landing, as I keep crashing . I really hope you people can help me! 


 


any help will be appreciated.


 


 


 


 


 


LateStarter@46

I really don't know anything about air flares but it looked interesting and I'll have a go - I would agree that you are too horizontal when landing, giving you an extremely disadvantaged leverage position, almost like trying to land in a one arm planche. How about trying the switch whilst in an angled wall handstand?

Jeije Ejidj Jdie

yoooo i think what would help you a lot is to practice your freezes on both right and left hand more. if you have a good pike on both your push and landing arm you will automatically get higher when you land. you have to imagine that the position before the jump in theory has to be symmetrical to the position youre in when you land. your swing is not that problematic, but you just have to get more comfortable in the right form. the timing on your arms is also not a problem, you could just wait a tiny bit longer. btw i know the struggle man this move is very hard to get, im also still practicing 

Alessandro Mainente

Yu're simply not using your legs. there is no swing from bottom to top that is the basic for the swinging airflare version. I said swinging because you can do that also without swing passing from one arm to the other with a kicking movement of bent legs.

Horizontal version is much more dependent on your legs weight and straight arms strength.