This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SE18 & SE19 - Standing Single Pike

Started by Jeremiah Foley, November 15, 2015 · 2 Replies · 203 Views

Jeremiah Foley

Hello everyone,

 

I just finished my FSs for today, and noticed that the athletes in the video all have their heel close to the wall, but the element descriptions have the heel further out. I've found it difficult with the heel close to the wall to stay square, as the raised leg pushes the opposite hip away from the wall and I have fairly large thighs.

 

Should I keep the heel a little further away from the wall, in order to keep my hips square and the straight leg closer to vertical? Or, should the heel be pulled in tight to the wall?

 

 

Keilani Gutierrez

I put the ball of my foot on the wall (for now) while working on my quad flexibility to have my foot next to my glute without tipping over.