This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundation 1 advice for a newby

Started by Polution, November 15, 2015 · 2 Replies · 131 Views

Polution

Hey everyone,

 

I'm one week into Foundation 1 and found that most of the first day's exercises were too easy (except for FL/PE1 where I felt the burn and was shaking a bit lol) 

Are the exercises supposed to feel quite easy, in terms of not feeling much resistance in muscle groups?
For example, 3 reps didn't really feel challenging. Is it suppose to be like this, or should I jump to week 2?
I ended up adding more reps in instead of the recommended for week 1. Is this a bad idea?

Cheers
Polution

Jon Douglas

For your first workout, did you test your ability to complete the week 11 programming? :)

If so, rather than starting at week 1 *necessarily* you may begin at week 5 or 9 as detailed in the courses. Just keep those 4 week blocks cycling. Do not jump to the most you can do immediately-- better to work a little more moderate and establish some momentum before really busting on it.

korija

My advice is to not skip any exercises even if you think they're easy. Second advice is to film yourself if you aren't sure that your form is correct.