This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE9 ROM

Started by DBeckerman, November 14, 2015 · 3 Replies · 150 Views

DBeckerman

Hi all,

Just after some advice please. I have just finished a 12 week cycle of SL PE9 and cannot get the correct ROM. To note I perform this from a headstand against a wall.

My ROM increased marginally but I was wondering if I should stay on the week 9-12 cycle as I improve the range or go back to week 1-4 and stay on that cycle until I can get the range then work up the reps etc from there?

Any thoughts or experience greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

DB

Murray Truelove

Best to post a video if you can.

DouglasMN

The consensus from advice I've seen is to work in a low rep range (1st 4-week cycle) until the correct rom is achieved. Speaking from personal experience on these (and hanging leg lifts and various dip progressions) you'll get more out of 2 high quality, ROM-challenging reps than 15 halfsies. We've all seen the guy at the gym doing sets of 45 1/2-dips like a champ, but doing them all day isn't going to make him strong enough to get those shoulders down to his hands.

DBeckerman

Thank you. I will stick to the decreased volume until I get the ROM