This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1/H1-2 Customizing Cycle/Programming

Started by Alessandro Pantanella, November 14, 2015 · 2 Replies · 165 Views

Alessandro Pantanella

Hi all,

after more than 1 year of strictly following the original F1/H1 template I was forced to customize it for time reasons. I workout at lunch time and I have only 1 hour.

The cycle I've been following in the last 6 or more months is:

 

-------

Mon:

FL/PE2, sPL/SE1, HBP/PE3

This alone is around 1hour and I had to move RC to next day

Tue:

RC/PE2 as main focus and some work on PE6 just to get start to develop endurance

Wed:

HS/PE5 (I can master the PE but still not narrow enough with the im)

HS/PE7 (I can master the PE and keep training it to preserve the endurance)

Thu:

MN/PE3, Deadlift 5/3/1, SL/PE4

On this one originally I tried Deadlift, SL, MN and other combinations and for now I'm getting the best results with the combination I'm on now.

Fri:

SLS, at the moment I do the first 4 exercises. I have a torn meniscus and even tho I mastered up to S1 my knee doesn't like the Ss. Focusing on a single PE it's just a warmup for me that's why I do the 4 Prep.

This is until I decide to go get surgery.

-------

 

Now, I like the way I'm progressing with that template but I want to incorporate the Stretchings and HS2 and not sure how to fit it.

I'm thinking to switch to something like this:

 

-------

Mon  (stays the same):

FL/PE2, sPL/SE1, HBP/PE3

Tue:

RC/PE2, ditch PE6 and do 1 Stretching here

Wed:

HS/PE5, ditch HS/PE7 and add HS2

Thu (stays the same):

MN/PE3, Deadlift 5/3/1, SL/PE4

Fri:

SLS/PEs and if there's time play a bit with HS/PE7

Weekend (it will be difficult to fit it in):

Other two Stretchings

-------

 

Probably when I'll move to more advanced exercises that have less reps I'll be able to make the schedule more compact but for now I don't know how to optimize it further.

And probably for me the main issue is to fit the 3 stretches.

 

Any suggestion?

 

How do you guys manage to fit everything in your week?

 

Thanks,

Alessandro

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Be careful on accelerating the approach on PE6, premature work on this element could create some brachioradialis problems.

My suggestion since you are an adult is focusing on basic work. I'm not saying to stop with H2 but all the foundations work should be done at least 2 times a week. only kids have the great advantage of taking benefits by 1 session / week.

Alessandro Pantanella

Thanks for your feedback Alessandro.

Honestly I tent to make thinks more complicated than what they have to be.

 

I'll go back to the Foundation 4 days template then and avoid the more advanced PEs (like RC/PE6) till I get there through proper mastery.

I'll move my Deadlift day to Wed (where there's no F training) and do a stretching afterwards.

I'll try to focus on this template and let you know how it goes in few weeks.

 

Can't wait to start to train the more advanced progressions where most of the sets have only 5 sets, workouts will be way shorter.

 

Thanks again.