This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE2

Started by Shellberight, November 14, 2015 · 11 Replies · 190 Views

Shellberight

I tried these today for the first time. Is this form good to build volume with?

chuchodani

Form looks good but I think rings are a little bit too high. In the top position your hand should be at shoulder height.

Antonio Murillo-Garcia

I would ask are your quads and butt tight and I would point my toes. Other than chucchodani's advice looks pretty good man.

Alessandro Mainente

Rings too high. at the bottom position you body should be at 30° angle with the floor.

Shellberight

Thanks guys, I'll lower the rings. I'm keeping a tight body. Alessandro, I thought the angle to look for was anywhere between 30 and 45 between body and floor.

Shellberight

Is this more or less what you were looking for?

Jason Dupree

I think there was an article here that gave the cues of rings at shoulder height, feet under the anchor. I generally use bottom of the ring at armpit height while standing, and heels under the anchor, so it's consistent.

Your rings still look a bit too high. Instead of pulling to the top of the shoulder you want to pull the thumb to the chest, near the nipple line.

Shellberight

Cheers Jason, I'll try with your setup next time.

Shellberight

I made a new iteration - hopefully the last one! Lower rings with bottom part at armpit height, less head movement (after rep 1). I think where your hands end up may depends on your lower to upper arm ratio.

 

I'd like to get this right before putting in the volume work.

 

https://youtu.be/atMuV8gP4D8

chuchodani
Shellberight said:

I made a new iteration - hopefully the last one! Lower rings with bottom part at armpit height, less head movement (after rep 1). I think where your hands end up may depends on your lower to upper arm ratio.

 

I'd like to get this right before putting in the volume work.

 

https://youtu.be/atMuV8gP4D8

Now looks good to me !

Shellberight

Thanks for checking, chuchodani. Looking forward to getting stuck into this one.