This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1

Started by Shellberight, November 14, 2015 · 4 Replies · 59 Views

Shellberight

I can do 5x15 but is my form good enough for mastery?

Ryan Bailey

Wow, Man. Nice job overall.  I am not one to critique form as I'm still on this element; However, good job on scap retraction, 90's of shoulder/elbows ect...  Good job remaining low towards the floor.  If anything...

1)  Make sure grip:  Supinate the Hands as the shoulders externally rotate at end range of movement.

post-16980-0-13228000-1447471202_thumb.p

2)  Make sure skin of glutes remain off the floor towards the last 75% of reps.

post-16980-0-18346000-1447472040_thumb.p

3) Lower rings 5 inches to Begin the movement more in line with the body.

post-16980-0-99552500-1447471235_thumb.p

4)  Scoot the hips and starting position ~1 inch posterior so the elbows do not need to retract as much at the end range ( minor detail :) )​

Impressive!

Ryan

wamarler

Point #1 above. Everything else LGTM 

Shellberight

Cheers Ryan. There is occasional brushing contact with the floor but I don't put weight on it. I can also do them by altering grip direction but it didn't seem to matter for the retraction part so now I tend not to. I prefer this ring height as if I go lower I lose the 90 deg angles. I think I'll progress but will keep this in the warmup, making sure I begin each pull with a fully straight body. It's a great exercise.

Shellberight

Okay, you guys win ☺. I'll do the grip change too.