Hi folks
How does this look?
Many thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Matthew Berghella, November 12, 2015 · 17 Replies · 333 Views
Hi folks
How does this look?
Many thanks
Nice lean, try to avoid too much arching in the back. You are on right track.
Is this better? Acceptable for moving on?
Bump
seems better, a side view should be more appropriate.
Skip to 0.25 for the action!
I really focused on keeping the chest in and no arching of the lower back for this one. My shoulder flexion appears to be terrible!
Try to elevate more, that could help ![]()
I've been working on this consistently but don't feel like I've achieved much more mobility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgjtZ_H8BCQ&feature=youtu.be
Its true, your lean is great but the flexion looks not quite there.
How heavy is that plate?
Plate is 2.5 kg.
You may find it productive to use a slightly heavier weight, something to brace yourself against.
At the moment the flexion is not sufficient for mastery here; does it improve if you lean slightly less?
Thanks Jon, I'm really struggling with this one. I will try leaning less and with a bit more weight and repost.
I definitely feel a lot stronger with regards to scap elevation. Not sure if range of motion still an issue.
bump
Hi Matthew,
ROM looks good, however, it looks like your hands are too wide. Bring them closer together so that they are shoulder width apart. Work on getting the same ROM with your hands closer together.
Do not arch the lower back. also do not ssacrifice the range of motion (e.g. the hands stance) for a couple of kg.
-master the exercise at shoulder width first
-then add weight and begin again finding a grip where you can reach the full flexion.
Hands are shoulder width, also trying not to arch lower back.
Feeling a lot better about this now, even though my mobility is not so great!