This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PPP - The Beginning of a 10r Journey

Started by Keilani Gutierrez, November 11, 2015 · 13 Replies · 348 Views

Keilani Gutierrez

hey folks :)

finally having worked on improving my pressing and body position strength, i'm finally able to have enough energy to play with planche shapes after my workout.

man are these tough.






I notice I bend the body when I lean too far for me to press up. I'm going to keep playing with these as im near on Pushup mastery so I want to be conscious of what i'm doing so i don't develop bad habits. I won't really start PPP until I master Planche Leans, to give a chance to learn the proper body shape and be better at Pushups....because I can't keep letting Jon trash talk me into pushup wars. :P

what else am i not picking up from the videos? anything you guys see?
Mark Collins

I see your back looks entirely different than it did 2 years ago.

korija

I think that in the course video the guy shifts a little more forward when he is going down

Keilani Gutierrez
Mark Collins said:

I see your back looks entirely different than it did 2 years ago.

Cory said the same thing about my hip flexors...

 

korija said:

I think that in the course video the guy shifts a little more forward when he is going down

agreed. that lean is quite a bitch. I can't hold the planche leans for mastery, so i'm willing to bet that once that happens, i'll be good to revisit these videos. I should have filmed my older leans. #facepalm

Ravn

Looks good so far, K.

Perhaps also touch the chest to the ground, along with the chin.

chuchodani

You need to go chest and legs to floor, your legs should touch first than your chest. And also don't flex your feet to resist the lean. Nice work !

Sean Hunter

Great arm position and maintained lean! 

 

Need to go all the way to floor and protract a bit more in between reps.

Ryan Bailey

Keilani,

Do you paddle outrigger canoes?  Noticed the paddle next to you...

Alessandro Mainente

Focus on maximizing the range of motion at the bottom of the movement! during the ascent think about pushing your shoulders forward and not upward!

Wes Tan

You did well not to travel backwards on the ascent. Keep looking forward as this will help you bring the chest down to the floor and not lead with the chin. It's important to get the full range of motion ad Alex has already said. Also make sure you finish each rep with full protraction.

Jon Douglas
Keilani Gutierrez said:

I can't keep letting Jon trash talk me into pushup wars. :P

 

We're racing back to 10min picture perfect wall runs. Pushups are so last season.

Keilani Gutierrez
Jon Douglas said:

We're racing back to 10min picture perfect wall runs. Pushups are so last season.

you are no brother of mine. :P

see you at the top!

Keilani Gutierrez

on a more serious note, thank you all so much for your observations :)

I have had one nagging(literally) doubt and it involves the palms of my hands on the planche lean. when I balance, i feel most of the weight going through the "L" shape that my index finger makes with my thumb. this is kind of uncomforting because i'll get a sometimes sharp "don't put any weight on me" sensation from the palm of my right hand.

where do you guys focus on distributing the weight on your wrists? if I'm limited by wrist mobility, i am totally fine with sticking to a particular finger position until the mobility sorts itself out, i can be patient like that. i use a fingers sideways and somewhat turned out position since i can't manage the 45degree angle without having my palm coming off the ground and putting all the weight through my thumb.

 

wamarler

I'm impressed Keilani, thumbs-up.