This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wall Handstand Check

Started by Jason Dupree, November 11, 2015 · 8 Replies · 209 Views

Jason Dupree

How does this look? I feel like it's not quite right. I can't seem to get my shoulders as open as in pe1 iM. If I try I just end up arching my upper back.

post-13982-0-22722600-1447260666_thumb.j

Alessandro Mainente

My impression is that you are retracting.

Jason Dupree

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for late response. I've been working on it a bit, but I can't seem to translate to this position. Here's my latest attempt. post-13982-0-24537400-1449012654_thumb.j

Looks slightly better to my eye but still off. My guess is I need much more elevation...

Here is a picture of my freestanding handstand (feedback appreciated), and it seems I am able to hit the right shoulder position upside down, but against the wall it falls apart somehow. post-13982-0-02317500-1449012858_thumb.j

Jason Dupree

Been messing with it more. On the PE7 page it says hands 6-12 inches from the wall, which I believe I've accomplished. But it says nothing about contact to the wall with body (where the later one does specify chest and quads to the wall with hands closer). Is it ok to not be in contact as in this picture?

post-13982-0-12602500-1449261316_thumb.j

I think the act of pushing my chest to the wall with the hands too far way was causing me to arch.

Alessandro Mainente

Because you don't have ti push your chest to the wall but push your ARMPITS to the wall.

Jason Dupree

That was a great cue!post-13982-0-82002200-1449364781_thumb.j

Now my hands are a bit too far away (back of Palm exactly 12 inches from wall) and legs bent, will keep working on it.

Jason Dupree

Still need to get closer, but I am within the 6-12 inch range. How does this look?post-13982-0-28064100-1449598075_thumb.j

Alessandro Mainente

As you can see the back starts to round. but you need to move the hands a little bit closer to wall. i prefer wrists positioned something around 12-15 cm from the wall.

Jason Dupree

post-13982-0-86096900-1449603503_thumb.j

:D

Used a paper about 12cm as a guide. I know it's not yet perfect but I feel now what is correct, and where I should get to eventually.