Pommel Horse

Started by Sam Andersen, November 10, 2015 · 7 Replies · 2,602 Views

Sam Andersen

I have come across a used Pommel horse for 200 dollars. It is pictured in the background below.  The handles do come with it.  What questions should I be asking when purchasing a used pommel horse?

00T0T_eoczGUeL8k9_600x450.jpg

Sam Andersen

Here is a better photo. Should I be concerned about the handles?post-2585-0-15848600-1447196791_thumb.jp

vinca_minor

Be sure to check the teeth.

Sam Andersen
vinca_minor said:

Be sure to check the teeth.

I didn't realize this was a horse joke at first. I was trying to figure out where the teeth are on a pommel horse. I had a good laugh at myself.

Sam Andersen

Thank you. I certainly will ask.

Cole Dano

The handles do look like a retro fit, but at that price, so what?!

 

Just make sure they screw down solid.

Jon Douglas
vinca_minor said:

Be sure to check the teeth.

Be careful not to look it in the mouth however ;)

 

Cool find :)

Sam Andersen

Thanks everyone for the advice.  I will be picking it up tomorrow.