This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE1+IM form check

Started by jkoppel, November 9, 2015 · 4 Replies · 110 Views

jkoppel

I'm very confused as to whether and how I should be trying to transfer momentum from the roll into standing up.

 

 

Chris Garay

Hi James,

 

Not a bad effort on the Deck Squats. There is a little use of momentum on this exercise. I would recommend breathing evenly, and also keeping your arms off your legs and torso during this PE. Same on the Skiers: breathe evenly, and also use your arms extended to counter-balance your hips, allowing you to squat lower.

 

Best,

Chris

jkoppel

Okay, I've taken new videos with the feedback

 

 

jkoppel

Bump. Hoping to test for mastery on this soon

Keegan

Don't know whether it is required for mastery, but one tip that I found useful in learning these is to remain in as tight of a ball as possible during the roll forward back to the feet. Kicking your legs forward like you are doing will help you build momentum, but it also generally results in loss of roundness in the back and thus less efficiency. You can hear your hips "hit" the ground on several reps as the result of doing this. If instead you keep your knees pulled tight to your chest you roll smoothly back to your feet.