This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC PE1 Length Of Straps

Started by 347mont, November 9, 2015 · 5 Replies · 277 Views

347mont

Hello, I have a question about setting the length of the rings when doing this exercise. Is it critical? How far off

 

the ground should the rings be, or where should they be in relation to your arms reach. I think I've improved a lot regarding

 

hinging the hips even though form is far from perfect, I'm just thinking if the rings are set at the wrong height will

 

this inhibit progress. Thanks guys.

TobiasM

When setting up the rings for this excercise, It will be easier if you set your position up for the exercise at the top of the rep. First, make sure hips are under the rings and your arms are at 90 degrees.

TobiasM

Moderators usually give feedback about  keeping 90 degree bend in elbows and armpits if you browse around the form check forum :)

Cole Dano

90 deg bend of elbows.

Elbows inline with shoulders.

347mont

Well I have done 5 sessions since starting GB F1 & H1 and I feel I am now doing RC pe1 with correct tecnique and form. I thought I'd find it much more difficult when I first tried it. The things that helped me most was reading here on the forums to A) have hips directly under the rings B) think of them as doing a sit up. The main thing I'm working on now is making sure my elbows don't come down too low. For the most part they do not but some reps they do. I now enjoy doing this exercise.

vinca_minor

Don't worry, the enjoyment will go away in a few months...