Hello!
Would someone please be so kind and review my form on the first PE and iM?
PE1: (sorry, forgot to cut off the first 10sec of getting into plank...)
iM:
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Daniel Stephan, November 8, 2015 · 4 Replies · 145 Views
Hello!
Would someone please be so kind and review my form on the first PE and iM?
PE1: (sorry, forgot to cut off the first 10sec of getting into plank...)
iM:
PE: your upper body should be vertical. you hands are not in line.
IM: you should pass the hands level. turn the palm facing down.
Thank you for the answer!
I've rewatched the video for the PE and to me it seems the athlete doesn't press until the upper body is vertical, but starts with arms vertical and presses until hips, shoulders and wrists are in line. Is this the form I should be aiming for?
For the iM, thanks for pointing out the hand positioning, I didn't notice that. So mastery ROM is when the glutes are completely under the hands?
Daniel, I also think you are correct concerning the strength element. The athlete at the video doesn´t finish the element being vertical but there is a slight angle. As far as I know it´s OK if your shoulders are completely open.
I´m not sure about discrepancies with the model athletes though. The iM info also says to pike at least until hips are below the hands at the bottom of the movement but the athlete ROM doesn´t seem to show that. Despite the hands positioning, I actually found yours very good and it seems you are at full pike(can´t see for sure if your knees are not slightly bent)
Thanks for your answer, Romulo!
I've noticed the discrepancy with the video of iM1, too.
I am not sure, if 'hips below hand level' actually means glutes fully below hand level or upper part of the hips below the hands.