Crazy 5 year old

Started by Razz, September 22, 2009 · 6 Replies · 3,254 Views

Ido Portal

Actualy, I dont like what is going on with this kid at all. His eyes tell the story loud and clear. This small kid is not treated properly and he is not happy one bit.

Any enthusiasm, publicity, linking to his videos, etc just puts more oil into the fire his father created. If you feel like me, (there is no way to tell for sure, but I have seen abused children and can recognize it) do not contribute to this.

Just my opinion,

Ido.

Blairbob

Pretty amazing.

First thing that makes me think is whether he is being doped up. Part of this is because where he is hailing from.

Second, is whether he has myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy. There are numerous reports of such children and animals developing strength and balance abnormally at very young ages besides more muscle mass and less body fat. Stuff like crosses on a man's arms

I'm not sure if you have heard of this condition before, Ido.

http://contests.ironmanmagazine.com/vbp/forums/showthread.php?p=5909

Possibly, Razz, but not at the age of 4 or 5. I've seen kids backflip at that age who weren't genetic mutants but not have that kind of mastery of a handstand or bodyweight nor be that lean. Then again, we have all heard in the gymnastics coaching world of 5yo are up and coming and training elite at those levels doing some insane tumbling or aerial maneuvers or stuff like giants way ahead of most of their peers.

Ido Portal

Blairbob,

of course I've heared of Myostatin mutation. This is not the case, I assure you.

I do not think that this kid is so unbelievably muscular. Yes, he is above avarege but I dont think he is doped or a mutant.

I do however think he is being abused by his father, who tries to get publicity and fame through his kid, because he himself could not get them with his own puny physical achievements.

Ido.

Ryan Libke

When I watched the originally posted video, I didn't think there was anything terribly wrong. It just looked like a child with excellent strength skills for his age. He looked happy, if not a little too enthusiastic, as some kids naturally are. However, if you look at the other videos, it does appear that the child is being exploited. It is one thing to document and share a child's abilities and feats, which is fine, and another to seek adoration and to unduly glorify the child's image. I agree with Ido on this one.

Blairbob

Happens all the time in America. A parent parading their gifted child about especially if they didn't have that talent themself. There have been numerous tv/film actors/actresses that this has been the case in the past decades. This parent could be trying to make a name for his child (and himself if he has a training business which it seems he does). Sometimes it is the mere hope of a parent to make something out of their child given their potential. Other times it can be overzealousness or corruption of the parents. How many parents put their child who has some sort of athletic or physical gift in gymnastics or this or that. There are many parents and children out there striving to be elites, be it gymnastics, sports, or the circus or a vast range of other endeavors.

Perhaps that is why I am taking a different look at it. I have also seen and read exposes of it happening in some of the BLOK countries. Not to the extent of the web, but it's out there. I looked at a handful of those videos and I don't ever see 4 or 5 year old boys that ripped. Girls maybe but not boys. The boys are always behind for the most part in gymnastics. A lot of this is the numbers game and of course missing talent or interest in gym.

Whether this kid will amount to anything more is just chance. There was a kid in the 90's they called Kid Hercules or something who tried to get into the film business only to fall off the map. Richard Sandrak. I, personally am not going to make a judgement call until I do some more research on it tonight via google and see what I come up with.

Razz

Ido I agree 100% with you, just didn't want to write that from a start since i didn't know what people would say on here. If you look at what the kid can do, amazing, but how its published is just gross.