This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Adding weight to various exercises

Started by hYYpYz, November 6, 2015 · 7 Replies · 270 Views

hYYpYz

Im on F1 and H1.

 

After reading some posts regarding different mobility exercises with weighted bars or xiaopeng exercises ive notices everyone is changing and adding weight.

 

With russian twists and xiaopeng it says 4-5 kg is fine. Some people do it with more and i was wondering if achieving mastery with smaller weight counts or should i go back and do it with more weight.

 

Another one is pike and handstand mobility workouts with weighted bar. In the video he is using bar without weights and in the description there's no weight mentioned but from reading the forum i understand that everyone is adding extra weight when doing these exercises.

 

I assume weight would be added when you would achieve mastery without weight but how often do you do that and at what weight do you stop. I don't expect specific answer as im asking about various exercises but is there a post or FAQ about it that i'm ignorant of ? Sorry if that's the case.

Alessandro Mainente

For Handstand the major exercises are considered mastered with 2.5 kg and approximately shoulders width. 

hYYpYz

I think bar i'm using might be heavier than that without anything on it is it possible it's stopping my progress ? Im on second handstand progression.

 

how about jefferson curl ? i will be stuck with that progression for months to come so could probably add weight to that but no idea what's healthy and what's to much

 

Thank you for your answer

Alessandro Mainente

-When you can easily perform a 5x5 with JC with X weight you can add 2/3 kg and restart with 1-2 reps. be sure to add the same weight independently from your 1RM. aim to 50% bodyweigth for mastery. for long terms goal up to full BW

 

-for dislocates mastery was cited. for long terms goal consider the standing variation your major goals where build up to 20 kg.

vrdoljak

Hi Guys  

how deep should I go with jefferson curls bellow my standing platform(with hands)?

For example In warm up I do windmills, and than when I do JC, I can`t reach full range of motion in first set(hands to the toes)but it gradualy goes deeper(fists bellow standing point)

vinca_minor

I've been aiming at wrists to toes

prozach

As far as your pike flexibilty allows... I think the anatomical limit is somewhere mid forarm

hYYpYz

i do pike or JC without weights for warmup before JC with weights it works fine.

I think you should do them with your ROM and it will gradually increase. It did for me.