This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

stiff legged windmill - shoulder clicking/ crunching

Started by Robert D, November 6, 2015 · 3 Replies · 216 Views

Robert D

Hi there,

 

I am one workout away from completing my 4th week (1st programming block?) of GST - Foundation one training. I am very pleased with the program so far

 

For stiff legged windmills I have difficulty in keeping the arm which is holding the weight directly up and down, I suspect it is a mobility problem although I feel there is a chance it is a motor control / technique problem.

 

Also when I perform the movement there is a very light crunching in the sholder joint. I have had no sholder pain during or after performing this exercise and have completed 7 workouts with it.

 

Any reccomendations for technique for windmills or mobility drills to improve this. Also the movement is slightly worse on one side.

 

Any thoughts apprecieated. Thanks.

Cole Dano

The best way for us to advise you would be for you to video yourself doing the movement and post it in Form Checks.

 

Otherwise, we're just guessing.

Ravn

Popping, clicking in the shoulders is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it's painless. Mine mostly click in a relaxed state during daily activities, not during training.

I found that using a more serious weight enforces good form in the wind mills. Your arm simply can't be out of alignment with a relatively heavy weight, or things will go horribly wrong... 8)

Artur Krajewski

Hi,

 

I cannot be sure if your situation is analogous but I experienced painless clicking and popping while rotating shoulder. However it absolutely dissapeared after about two months of this iM and doing bridge strech course. I continue to do MS/PE1-iM ever after I mastered PE1.

 

Hope this helps and you will also work your way out of this irritating popping.