This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

It's been a while!

Started by setepe, November 4, 2015 · 5 Replies · 227 Views

setepe

Hey all, just wanting to canvas some opinion here.

I was doing well and training consistently for a good year then at the beginning of the year we had an awesome little baby however it kind of screwed with my commitment for a while, then I've had a few injuries to contend with since.

What are people's opinions on how to start back up? Should I drop back to the beginning of each element and work back in gently or recommend starting back at the very beginning and test for mastery in each PE?

Pafke

I would step back to easier exercises for one-two weeks and then try to do exercise (PE) on which i was before resting and then if im able to do week 1 (or 5 or 9) i would continue working on it. :)

Vass supersayan recently took long break from training and not so long he said on Facebook that he will start playing with exercising for few weeks before attempting exercises which he praticed before that rest. Im saying this becouse he knows what he is doing so if in your interest start like so. :)

Jon Douglas

To be honest in this position I personally would probably take the opportunity to start over with knowledge, bosy shapes etc that I didn't have the first time through. This is not necessary, this is just my view.

Would definitely recommend working back up over a few weeks to where you are used to training. If you encounter any noteworthy issues, spend a little more time to iron out the kinks :)

Welcome back!

LateStarter@46

I would re-check/re-master your foundations from the very beginning (always a good idea to do from time to time anyway).

Itamar sha'ashuaS

I'd go to the beggining too. If you have mastered these elements once, so you shouldn't have problem to master them again and go back to where you were quickly, no?

setepe

Thanks for the replies, I've decided to head back over anything I found difficult in the past and to regress to the beginning of the others.  Started the stretch series this week too and loving that so far!