This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Recent GB Rows Article & Ring Progressions: BtGB Ring Rows vs F1 Ring PEs

Started by crashnburn, November 3, 2015 · 12 Replies · 575 Views

crashnburn

On Ring Progressions of BtGB: Ring Rows & F1 Ring PEs & Recent GB Rows Article

 

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/ring-rows-build-bodyweight-strength-for-rope-climbing/

 

I used to follow the KillRoy70  push pull routine and had built up to a decent 3-5 x 5 on Horizontal Push (Pushups) & Pull (Ring Rows) exercises. 

 

It was a great complimentary pair of exercises. 

 

+ I can do the Rows and..

 

+ On my F1, I can do the 2nd Ring PE 

 

- ..but cant do the 1st Ring PE "at all" due to the movement(without revealing any details). 

 

Is that okay to skip for now until weaker sections of of my body can come back for it?    

 

Also, can I/ should I add the BtGB Ring Rows from KillRoy70 into my weekly workout routine? If so how? 

Coach Sommer

You are struggling with the hinge rows because you have weak rotator cuffs.  Skipping the element will not correct the issue; only delay having to deal with it.  And in all likelihood the issue will be even more imbalanced later.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

~Atticus
Coach Sommer said:

You are struggling with the hinge rows because you have weak rotator cuffs.  Skipping the element will not correct the issue; only delay having to deal with it.  And in all likelihood the issue will be even more imbalanced later.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I have a question for you and a comment.

 

Since mastering hinge rows, I kept them in my warm up, and have tried to do one set of as many reps as I can accomplish at least once a week, though I sometimes go 2-3 weeks without doing them.

 

Recently I noticed that I can now easily surpass a certain number of reps that I had previously thought was out of my league.  

 

The only real change to my workouts has been the addition of the Thoracic Stretch Series--which I started doing about 3 weeks ago.

 

If it is true that the TSS addition is what has augmented my rotator cuff strength, thus enabling my hinge row total to drastically increase, could this be a potential recommendation for those that are having difficulty with hinge rows to consider?

jfreaksho
Coach Sommer said:

You are struggling with the hinge rows because you have weak rotator cuffs.  Skipping the element will not correct the issue; only delay having to deal with it.  And in all likelihood the issue will be even more imbalanced later.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

It took me months to get through RCPE1.  PE2 is moving far faster than any pullup program I've ever tried before.  Hinge rows look ridiculous, especially at the park with guys doing repeated bar muscleups next to me, but they definitely were necessary for me.

Itamar sha'ashuaS
jfreaksho said:

It took me months to get through RCPE1.  PE2 is moving far faster than any pullup program I've ever tried before.  Hinge rows look ridiculous, especially at the park with guys doing repeated bar muscleups next to me, but they definitely were necessary for me.

Haha They can give you a weird look now...do your foundations and then you will look on them weird!

Ryan Reynolds

If they look at you funny just ask them to do a set of 15.

Mark Collins
Ryan Reynolds said:

If they look at you funny just ask them to do a set of 15.

I have given this exercise to many crossfitters that would be considered strong. I have yet to see anyone do 15 reps on their first attempt.

Keilani Gutierrez
Mark Collins said:

I have given this exercise to many crossfitters that would be considered strong. I have yet to see anyone do 15 reps on their first attempt.

same.
~Atticus
Mark Collins said:

I have given this exercise to many crossfitters that would be considered strong. I have yet to see anyone do 15 reps on their first attempt.

Next you should ask them to try elevated bridge hip taps. That'll be a lot of fun :)

Jon Douglas

Just show them 10kg dislocates and let natural selection sort it out :)

vinca_minor

That will just lead to kipping dislocates...

Keilani Gutierrez

I've seen people struggle so hard on dislocates. everyone just gets so disheartened. :P^_^