Getting there I hope... Any feedback gratefully received. ![]()
EDIT: Please excuse the John Mayall playing in the background. He has his moments but not perhaps my first choice had I realised the camera was recording sound. Doh.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Sisyphus, November 3, 2015 · 8 Replies · 328 Views
Getting there I hope... Any feedback gratefully received. ![]()
EDIT: Please excuse the John Mayall playing in the background. He has his moments but not perhaps my first choice had I realised the camera was recording sound. Doh.
Looks awesome to me! good work!
Thanks! I think the pancake reps are probably a bit fast so was going to work on slowing them down a bit.
Anyone else? I guess it has been a heavy formcheck week elsewhere on the forum...
Reasonable, good shspe but not high enough from the ground. Looking ahead you may find that going onto the next one is prohibitively difficult, and you will need to show higher with a momentary pause at the top to change that
Otherwise you are clearly getting into a position you can't hold, with feet way behind your centre of gravity.
Pancake could be a little slower but good ROM ![]()
You're on track, keep it up ![]()
Thanks Jon. Having just played with the next PE I see exactly what you mean - my hips are just too far back to get the required height. I'd seen this as all shoulders but there's a fair amount of active pike compression too I think. Which is a problem because I'd let that get rusty while focusing on pancake...
It'll come
This is exactly why Coach emphasises the 1/2 press position and will pay off.
Jon's advice is spot on. Well done, Jon.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
So I've had a play around during my last few HS sessions - to the point where I can hold the 1/2 press position for a couple of seconds at a time. I've gone over the course notes for PE7 a couple of times and think I'm kind of there (see attached). Another microcycle at PE7 with this ROM and I should be good to move on right?
BTW I have the worst DOMS in my traps. The worst.
By comparison your lower back is a little curled, which in turn is putting your hips slightly behind your hands. A little more to stack it up ![]()