Front lever question

Started by letolagal, November 3, 2015 · 8 Replies · 1,995 Views

letolagal

Hi guys, 

I can hold front lever with straight arms for about 5s and with bent 8-9s, but without correct scapula position.
So, is it better to re-train front lever with proper scapula position and straight arms or just do fl without scapula and wait to it come... if it is even posible that way.
And is it better to raint fl on rings or bar ?

Mercurium

Almost everyone on this forum will tell you to go back and relearn the proper scapular position (myself included). 

 

As far as rings or bar being superior; it depends on the exercise. For the front lever itself, it doesn't matter.

Edoardo Cagnola

Also, a bent arms FL is not even a thing. It's just bad form. "Almost straight is still bent", Coach says.

Mercurium

Unless you're holding the bar against your waist for time  ;)

Francesco Pudda

Post a video in case

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Stepping back and training it from the beginning with the proper form is your answer.

Jon Douglas
letolagal said:

So, is it better to re-train front lever with proper scapula position and straight arms

This one. A lot :)

Rings/bar shouldn't make a difference overall but you may find you prefer one at first. This isn't a problem

Jose Morante

I have another question, I'm working on my FL, when I do full front lever my legs shake a lot... in half-lay or straddle it doesn't happen, I don't know where is the weakness from, I have a really good pull, and my core seems to be strong enough (maybe not), so what do you think guys? Hip Flexors? Core? Lats?

Julian Aldag

Video?