This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Nerve pain in palm

Started by Iain McLean, November 3, 2015 · 1 Replies · 97 Views

Iain McLean

I am a few months into F1.  I have been experiencing nerve pain in my left palm when doing pushups as well as any time I put pressure on the area.  From looking at images of nerves in the palm, it appears to be median nerve (palmar branch).  I have been focusing on engaging my fingers during the pushup to reduce the stress on the nerve.  I have also started doing some nerve flossing exercises.  

 

Has anyone experienced this?  If so how did you overcome it?

 

 

 

Sisyphus

Yep, I had something similar once I started moving through the sPl progressions. It went away in the end (can't quite recall but probably a couple of months) - stretching my forearms before and during sets helped in the beginning and then I ended up getting into H1 which integrated that pretty effectively.