This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, November 2, 2015 · 6 Replies · 118 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I seriously hate this progression. I know that when I retract my shoulders tend to elevate for some reason. Other than that I feel like I'm getting good enough ROM, no? I also feel pretty certain that the mobility is pretty much mastered. I know I can go a little bit deeper on the im, but seeing as how I've not yet mastered the strength element, I've got time to open the hips the remaining centimeters until they're to the floor. Let me know others' thoughts.

 

 

Chris Garay

Hey Daniel,

 

Nice work with this, I know you've been at it for a while. The Swivel Hips iM looks good, as does the amount of retraction in your Scapular Pushups PE. It's a bit hard to tell how much you're protracting due to your head being in the way of the camera, but if I had to guess, you could continue to protract just a bit higher.

 

Side note: seems like you're getting leaner!

 

Best,

Chris

HB_Ron

Lend me some ROM from your swivel hips ,PLEASE :P

Great work Daniel !  :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

HB_Ron, use SLS/PE3 to your advantage. Work the -im and the PE, try swivel hips after that. Might help open the hips more. Also, yes I have gotten leaner. I tend to workout fasted because I don't have enough time to wake up and eat, let my food digest and then workout before I have to handle any number of the things in my day. So my carb intake tends to be on the lower side most days of the week, with more fats and proteins. Who knows how I'll end up compositionally once I actually start working on "strength" elements, lol.

Dani88

thinking about scapular depression the whole time helped me a lot on these and while i was stucking on this PE due to mobility element i concentred on slow movement and pause on top and bottom. The payoff was great in term of elbow plank, 5x36" of solid hollowbody at the first workout, so take your time on training these as good as possible because it's gonna be great for you

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I've been doing these for over a year, lol.

Dani88

i think some people just need to scale them on the knees