Has anyone had issues with blood vessel bursting around their eyes? Every time that I do my handstand work I have this issue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
bursting blood vessels
Started by Daniel Fletcher, November 2, 2015 · 5 Replies · 4,694 Views
It is rare, but does happen occasionally. This is indicative that you are working too hard, too soon.
Cut your inversion time back substantially until you find the point where you body is comfortable and then begin building from there.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Thanks Coach.
I don't get it from inversion so much as really bracing hard, spiking my blood pressure- sometimes it happens towards the end of a tough set of PPP. I've gotten it from squats and deadlifts before too.
If you are getting during squats and deadlifts also, you are probably holding your breath. You need to learn to contract the necessary musculature without unnecessarily holding the breath.
If you cannot brace appropriately and still take small shallow breaths, you are doing it incorrectly.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Zach Armijo said:Best advice to combat this is to talk, count, sing, do whatever out loud while you are in these holds or performing the lifts. One of the fortunate things for me growing up boxing is that you learned REAL quick how to be tight and still breath
Damn straight! You learn to breath in certain manner/rhythm or you pass out from exhaustion and you learn to breath while keeping tight or you pass out from a shot to the plexus/liver. ![]()