This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Single bar setup

Started by Sisyphus, November 2, 2015 · 6 Replies · 267 Views

Sisyphus

Looking through the PE's, would I be right in thinking that the single bar is placed about 6" from the wall? If so, does it remain in this position for the other PE's? I guess you need some room for the pirouettes but I am keen not to cheat the intensity.

 

Also - insanity bonus! What the hell! If you post a satisfactory form check do you get some custom gold plated handstand blocks?  :blink:

Coach Sommer

Distance should be as close as you can comfortably maintain balance and proper alignment.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Romulo
Sisyphus said:

 

 

Also - insanity bonus! What the hell! If you post a satisfactory form check do you get some custom gold plated handstand blocks?  :blink:

 

          Am I missing something or are you joking? Where was that said? 

Sisyphus

Scroll down to the last SE...

Mark Schoenhard

How long and what diameter of bar is optimal?  Thank you

Tony Sorensen

I've been using a 1.3m length of 54mm diameter timber handrail. In hindsight it might be too short for some of the later pirouettes but its been fine up to my current PE7. 

Mark Schoenhard

Tried duct taping a 1.5" x 6' hardwood, martial art staff between two dumbbells.  Bends quite a bit, but I have a couple of years to get a thicker and longer rail before I get to those pirouettes. :D  Thank you Tony.