This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

GHR at home

Started by Edoardo Cagnola, November 2, 2015 · 3 Replies · 136 Views

Edoardo Cagnola

I'm not far from starting to work on GHR but I'm concerned that it's gonna be a struggle to practice them at home. How are you guys doing it? I thought about using a similar setup that the one I use for SL elements (a strap around a table to anchor my feet). This way I could do an arch-up and then start the leg movement ending up kneeling on the table. But I not really sure that would work well... I'm afraid it will make the exercise way harder than it already is!

Thanks for your inputs :)

Ravn

Ideas:

 

Put feet under something heavy, like piano

 

Buy 1" wide nylon tape (climbing shop), make a loop big enough to put your feet through, tie a big, bulky knot to close the loop, run the tape under a door and close it, so loop is on one side, knot on the other side. Put feet through loop and GHR. Make sure you place the knot, so the door pulls shut against the frame, not away from the frame. 

Murray Truelove

My plan for these is a barbell across the back of the legs with a cushion for comfort. Alternatively I thought about buying a weighted vest which I imagine would be more comfortable.

Jon Douglas

I used ring straps around a park table, which was public and therefore cemented down and unmoving. This works well for ghr and nlc; may be a good idea to pad under your knees though :)