This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

All around ROM exercises

Started by pagio, November 1, 2015 · 10 Replies · 404 Views

pagio

So guys i was wandering what would be a minimal number of exercises to explore as much of your ROM throught your body?

 

So lets say with 5 exercises (mobility drills) what is the best I can do to keep the ROM I built all around my body

(shoulders, legs, arms, back, etc.. ) ?

Jason Dupree

If I had to choose 5: bridge, Jefferson curl, front splits, middle splits, and Dislocates (both over and under grip). Luckily I don't have to actually choose :P

Jon Douglas

Nice list Jason :)

Lets see... for the ambitious manna, stalder press HS, ring inlocates, limbers (they're hard to replace actually) and my last vote is SL pulls. They're excellent things.

Jon Douglas

Although now I'm pondering dislocates vs. SL pulls for shoulder mobility. I haven't really compared them before....

Jason Dupree

I suspect my list may change as I become more advanced, especially replacing bridge with limbers. I like how your list is all active stuff.

Jon Douglas
Jason Dupree said:

I suspect my list may change as I become more advanced, especially replacing bridge with limbers. I like how your list is all active stuff.

Didn't say I could do it all! To me it represents that higher level of combined strength/mobility, and my experience with martial arts especially is that its the active side that keeps you from getting injured in a compromised position.

Manna, limbers, press hs are such an amazingly efficient exercises :)

pagio

Thanks for the replies.  I would choose Jason list if I had to ( seems at least possible to do some of the exercises), but I guess having some handstands thrown around has it own merits.

Also I do not see squats anywhere :P

Jon Douglas

Manna / stalder press have a strong hip/thigh active flexibility element :) admittedly we may have missed ankle mobility there.... I went with covers-the-most-territory-in--each-rep exercises. Stick some single leg devk squats in too :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I would throw in Twisting squats and inside squats because if your knee goes nothing else matters. Additionally, those help your ankles, too.

 

The manna, limbers, splits, inlocate/dislocates, Jefferson Curls/Stalder Press, SL pulls, in addition to the two knee mobilities, would cover pretty much everything and in all three planes of movement (as far as I know).

Ryan Bailey

Yes, some ambituous ideas so far, holy crap...  I was thinking of simpler mobility drills to keep ROM :lol:

Basically gross, full body movement that is specific to every person;  a movement that incorporates the current ROM and skill level of each individual.

Example, this morning, for supplemental ROM work I did:

1) Wrist stretches and mobility with hands pressed hard on floor: Position: standing pike (Could not have tried this before starting GB)

2) Bridge playing around: Position, modified on wall

3) Swivel hips: Position: Deep, low squat (some nice ankle and lower body stuff with this one)

 

This was only 3 movements, but felt it hit the ankles up through wrists well enough, for my current level, to start the morning out.

 

Ryan

pagio
Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

I would throw in Twisting squats and inside squats because if your knee goes nothing else matters. Additionally, those help your ankles, too.

 

The manna, limbers, splits, inlocate/dislocates, Jefferson Curls/Stalder Press, SL pulls, in addition to the two knee mobilities, would cover pretty much everything and in all three planes of movement (as far as I know).

Twisting squats sound super nice!