Handstand Three has been Released

Started by Cory Fair, October 30, 2015 · 58 Replies · 20,181 Views

Cory Fair

We are proud to offer you an early chance to enroll in Handstand Three before the general public release at midnight. Further, we have put together a special package for the Handstand Series which is available as a standalone or an upgrade (if you own H1, H2 or both).

Handstand Three

https://zp130.infusionsoft.com/app/manageCart/addProduct?productId=212

Ultimate Handstand Package

https://zp130.infusionsoft.com/app/manageCart/addProduct?productId=214

Already own H1, H2 or both? We have an upgrade discount too

http://gymnasticbodies.com/upgrade

The Ultimate Handstand Package includes Handstand One (Freestanding), Handstand Two (Press Handstand) and Handstand Three (One Arm), a free week of GB Online Classes (does not autobill afterwards) plus a 7 Day Handstand Guide.

meras

Well the course page really wasn't kidding by saying H3 is advanced  :D

Jon Douglas

Just like Rings, I totally...

uh....

totally won't be training this before I'm ready of course

>.>

Keilani Gutierrez
Jon Douglas said:

Just like Rings, I totally...

uh....

totally won't be training this before I'm ready of course

>.>

most commonly told lie in GST right there.....I'm so guilty.

red1392

Just wondering: what is the 'end game' of Handstand 3? Straddle one arm? Straight body one arm? Flag variations?

Cory Fair
red1392 said:

Just wondering: what is the 'end game' of Handstand 3? Straddle one arm? Straight body one arm? Flag variations?

Straddle One Arm

Cory Fair

I should make a clarification since it wasn't explicit anywhere other than the GB Curriculum Roadmap. Only the SE elements require the near-perfect 60s freestanding handstand to start; the H3 PE elements can be started once you have finished the H1 PE progressions.

Coach Sommer

It should also be noted that the H2 preparatory elements are designed to be trained simultaneously with H1.

 

H1 & H2 are co-requisites.

 

H3 preparatory elements may be trained once the H1 preparatory elements have been mastered.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Coach Sommer said:

It should also be noted that the H2 preparatory elements are designed to be trained simultaneously with H1.

 

H1 & H2 are co-requisites.

 

H3 preparatory elements may be trained once the H1 preparatory elements have been mastered.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

In what stage in H1 I can add H2 PE's work? Can I do it when working on PE4 of H1?

Coach Sommer

The H1 & H2 PEs should be trained simultaneously; they are co-requisites.

 

The H3 PEs should be trained once the H1 PEs are mastered.

 

The H3 SEs will be technically out of reach until a consistent 60s free handstand is mastered.  Although it would be quite entertaining to watch someone try.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Itamar sha'ashuaS
Coach Sommer said:

The H1 & H2 PEs should be trained simultaneously; they are co-requisites.

 

The H3 PEs should be trained once the H1 PEs are mastered.

 

The H3 SEs will be technically out of reach until a consistent 60s free handstand is mastered.  Although it would be quite entertaining to watch someone try.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

OK, thanks Coach! I'll begin working on H2 along with H1 PE4, it will be awesome!

Just to make sure I got it right.. I'm doing wrist work>H1 PE+iM>H2 PE+iM?

Jesse Kim

oh.my.lord.

JN12

But the curriculum states that for H2 the prerequisites are F1 and F2. F3 is listed as a corequisite among H1.

 

That's why I was holding back with the H2 training, is there no need for that?

Jon Douglas
Coach Sommer said:

The H1 & H2 PEs should be trained simultaneously; they are co-requisites.

 

The H3 PEs should be trained once the H1 PEs are mastered.

 

The H3 SEs will be technically out of reach until a consistent 60s free handstand is mastered.  Although it would be quite entertaining to watch someone try.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Hey, sweet, I assumed H2 needed to be finished before H3-- Now I am more excited than before :D

Ryan Bailey
Coach Sommer said:

The H1 & H2 PEs should be trained simultaneously; they are co-requisites.

 

The H3 PEs should be trained once the H1 PEs are mastered.

 

The H3 SEs will be technically out of reach until a consistent 60s free handstand is mastered.  Although it would be quite entertaining to watch someone try.   :icon_twisted:

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

 

Honestly, I anticipated ignoring most of the H3 hype since I am such a stinkin beginner at all this... but who knew the release of H3 was going to make me run out and buy H2 like I just did today!  I already have next week's schedule planned... Ha ha.  :) I wonder if everyone else training only H1 will also start H2 PE's next week. 

Ryan

Alessandro Mainente

I remember some years ago when I was learning some PE's of H3 and my coach said me "do that", 1 thousand falls and frustration. nothing compared to the structured approach of this course. i'm curious to start back again with some elements and fix previous  problems. should be a good adventure.

Jon Douglas
Alessandro Mainente said:

I remember some years ago when I was learning some PE's of H3 and my coach said me "do that", 1 thousand falls and frustration. nothing compared to the structured approach of this course. i'm curious to start back again with some elements and fix previous problems. should be a good adventure.

Same here. I have been ok learning on floor but I do not have the technical grounding to go to paralettes with it.

Now it seems much more approachable :D

Mark Collins
Keilani Gutierrez said:

most commonly told lie in GST right there.....I'm so guilty.

It does not help when you post a video of a muscle up on facebook!

Alan Tseng

I wanted to ask for a bit of clarification on H2.  I understand the part about Handstand 1-3 corequisites.  I just wanted to get some clarification on prerequisites however.  Did H2 prerequisites get changed so that I don't need to complete F2 before starting H2?  H2 can be started the same time as someone who is beginning F1 and H1?

Jason Dupree

I could be totally wrong, but H2 iMs would be really difficult without mastering F2 for Manna.

Jon Douglas
Jason Dupree said:

I could be totally wrong, but H2 iMs would be really difficult without mastering F2 for Manna.

I agree-- I suspect one would struggle with H2 straddle mobility without the basis of straddle ups. Like a lot.

Keilani Gutierrez
Mark Collins said:

It does not help when you post a video of a muscle up on facebook!

I already confessed! :D
LIE

So whats the best putting H3 into everyday schedule Foundation and H1 and H2

Itamar sha'ashuaS

so the H1&H2 workout will look like that:

wrist stretches>wrist series>H1 PE+iM>H2 PE+iM. Am I right?

Coach Sommer

It appears that GB Curriculum roadmap is going to require an adjustment; especially in terms of mobility and handstand work.  This fine tuning will be an ongoing process.

 

It was never my intent that students would not start press handstand work until 2-3 years after they began GST.  Once again, your guys' zombie like mobility is throwing a monkey wrench into the GB developmental path.  

 

To start with, everyone needs to stretch more.  A lot more.  I had hoped that the GB Stretch courses would accelerate the correction of these basic mobility deficits, and they have in some cases; but not everyone has been taking full advantage of them.

 

For example in my own personal training, I currently strength train 3 days per week, yet I stretch 5-6 days per week; 3 days of full body limbering before the strength workouts and 2-3 days of 'hard stretching' on off days with the stretch courses.  

 

If limbering up before a workout, during a workout with the integrated mobility and the stretch courses themselves are not the fundamental focus at your current level how are these deficits ever going to be corrected so that we can move on?

 

It also cannot be overstated that press handstands are essential for long term gains in GST.  Without a press handstand everything in GST will later come to a grinding halt.  There is no avoiding this.  

 

I would also hope that it is obvious that effective press handstand work cannot take place without a reasonably proficient free handstand.  

 

In my opinion both free handstand and press handstand gains have been far, far too slow for most GB students.  It is a failure on my part that I have failed to be sufficiently explicit that handstand and press handstand are not party tricks to be worked on the side.  But let me be clear now that handstand and press handstand work are essential for future GST progress and must receive the same degree of attention and focus as your Foundation work.

 

Do not however be overly harsh on yourselves.  You are certainly not alone.

 

This summer while working with the GB Master Class and the GB World Team in Stroud, both groups composed of some of GB's best and most talented from around the planet, I had to be rather 'forthright' about their needing to remove their heads from their #$$@$, quit piddling around, and get these basic handstands and press handstands mastered.  In fact the majority of their 2 days of training was spent on exactly that.

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer