Hanging leg lift form

Started by NRC, October 30, 2015 · 11 Replies · 4,199 Views

NRC

Hi all,

I know with this exercise the scapula shouldn't be activated and the shoulders should be up around the ears. I've been able to perform these maintaining this form, however the muscles through my arms do tense as my hands push down into the bar. My elbows remain locked and shoulders around my ears, but is this correct?

Thanks!

Jon Douglas

Hanging leg lifts and some cool variations are shown in F1 & 2 :)

Generally though yes, that's correct. I like the stretch of protracting in the hang, like a handstand position.

NRC

Thanks Jon. Yeah, I'm working through F2 at the moment and loving the challenge. Just wanted to clarify if any pushing through arms/hands is acceptable even with scap protraction :)

Jon Douglas
NRC said:

Thanks Jon. Yeah, I'm working through F2 at the moment and loving the challenge. Just wanted to clarify if any pushing through arms/hands is acceptable even with scap protraction :)

This is to be avoided as it can very easily turn into pulling with the lats. You'll know id you start this because your toes will start coming in too high :)

Stretch down and relax. Fingers are hooks, shoulders are protracted and elevated :)

Juris Baltacs

I reposted my original question in another thread, as this turned out to be the wrong one. :)

===
Hey!

I also have a question on the hanging leg lift. Here is a video of my rep for the negative hanging leg lift: https://youtu.be/6AhbcESjidM

This is as slow as I can do it, and having a 10 second decline seems out of reach at the moment.

Is there an intermediate step between this exercise and the hanging leg lift? I feel like I can do the hanging leg lift with good form, but the jump from hanging leg lifts to negative hanging leg lifts is quite big.

Would appreciate your thoughts on my form or any comments on my form.

Alessandro Mainente

 Personally, i think that you do not have the necessary range of motion to do it, so basically you need to improve the passive flexibility. are you following foundations?

Juris Baltacs
17 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

 Personally, i think that you do not have the necessary range of motion to do it, so basically you need to improve the passive flexibility. are you following foundations?

I am doing the foundation one course.

Do you think I lack mobility because of the bent legs in the video?

Alessandro Mainente

Both bent knees and lack of compression of lower libs on the upper body.

Juris Baltacs
25 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Both bent knees and lack of compression of lower libs on the upper body.

Thank you, but what do you mean by lower libs? :)
Google can't help me with that.

Alessandro Mainente
12 hours ago, Juris Baltacs said:

Thank you, but what do you mean by lower libs? :)
Google can't help me with that.

Sorry Juris, i've forgotten an "m"...limbs.

Justin Timm

Does anyone have suggestions for mods on the Reverse Leg Lift. I don't have stall bars at home. 

Alessandro Mainente

You can use a pair of rings.