This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Having a tough time navigating and using F1 and H1

Started by Mr Mattock, October 27, 2015 · 7 Replies · 277 Views

Mr Mattock

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and I'm having a stressful Time figuring out how to structure and use the courses I've bought.

And I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places, but is F1 just a list of exercises? Do you choose a certain few and work on those? Is it intended you work every progression in the week with every single exercise for each element? I feel little guidance is given considering I want to integrate F1 and H1, someone please help... I've searched the forum and can't find the answer I'm looking for... Thank you for reading this.

KSTL

.

Jeremy Huston

You do 1 element and its mobility for each of the 7 foundation exercises.  Once you can demonstrate mastery of both the strength and mobility portion, you get to advance to the next element/mobility pair for that exercise.  It is normal and acceptable for different exercises to be at different levels (for example Front Lever at PE1 while Rope Climb at PE5).  But within each exercise, the strength and mobility piece must always remain coupled together.

Mr Mattock

Thank you for the replies you've been a great help, just to clarify, I only do 2 exercises for each skill in my routine then? (Strength and paired mobility, I'm not new to bodyweight training, I did street workout for nearly a year and have sufficient strength. But it outweighs my mobility which I know isn't good, so how do I keep the strength I've got while taking a complete step back to do this routine? Because some of these exercises seem wayyyy too easy just to do 1 paired exercise for each element? Excuse my ignorance if it's a dumb question

Samin Ishtiaq

There are seven exercises in F1. Each of these has a strength and a mobility component that are paired together. Each of these has 5 or 6 levels. There is a mastery for every level in terms of setsXreps:  https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/f-templates/. You try for mastery: If you can do it (strength *and* mobility), great, move on to the next level. 

 

This https://courses1.gymnasticbodies.com/intro/has all the detail you need --- and more! 

Cole Dano

Not a dumb question Mr. Mattock.

 

There are two main ways to set up your workouts.

 

Keep in mind each week you will work on each to the 7 fundamental GST elements: FL / sPL / HBP / RC // SL / MN / SLS

 

You can Split them in two so you do the first 4 one day and the last three the next workout (F€/F#)

 

Or you can do them all each workout (F7)

 

You choose how many times to workout each week.

 

When it comes time to do you your workouts, if you find the Strength part is easy but you find the mobility challenging then work the Week 9-12 schedule until you find the mobility has caught up. Then move to the next element. This should give  you enough volume to feel challenged each workout.

 

Once you are done with the Rx'd Foundation workout you can do what you feel  you need to on top of that to maintain the strength you've already built. Just treat it as extra work on top of you main workout and keep the volume at maintenance levels so it doesn't interfere with the core Foundation workout.

Mr Mattock

Okay man, thank you for the replies, I just got very confused to whether I was meant to start completely from the beginning because of mobility, or I do every single paired exercise per element or Only 2 per element until they're mastered then move on or even 1 paired exercise per element before moving on? What is the week 9 - 12 schedule?

KSTL

.