This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder/clavicle pain-advice please!

Started by Dave Wilkinson, October 27, 2015 · 1 Replies · 100 Views

Dave Wilkinson

Hi guys, first post on this forum!

Would love some advice about a minor/moderate shoulder injury. It's been going on a good while now and I've tried 4 weeks off all training, also 4 weeks of ibuprofen, and lots of ice in the evenings too. I've tried one physical therapist and am trying dry needling now and maybe heat packs.

However I still have this moderate pain kind of where my clavicle meets my shoulder during 3 specific movements: 1) arm extended whilst horizontal in bird dog

2) lying on side and reaching overhead (eg to turn off bed side lamp)

3) doing a movement of bringing bent arm across chest similar to a "pec dec" type exercise

All these produce a little sting in what is I think my AC joint? I have only been able to do the lower body F1 because of this for weeks/months now... Frustrating!! It might be tendonitis? But it can be hard to fully rest the shoulder joint.

Any suggestions please???

Dave Wilkinson

Hi guys

Listened to one of Robb Wolfs podcast with coach today and learnt that most shoulder issues are from the biceps tendon or tight pecs so will get to work on this. Tiger balm and heat pads seem to help too, I guess because it stimulates blood flow to the tendon/injured area.

Cannot wait to get back to training upper body F1!!

Ps. I would highly recommend the Robb Wolf podcasts with coach if you haven't listened to them, they are packed with gems of info!