Hi all, I'm about to begin Foundation1. I bought the F1 H1 courses. 1st work out will be this afternoon.I will
try and do the mastery level to see where I'm at and see at what week I will begin. The way I understand it
will be either week 1, 5 or 9 depending on how many reps and sets I can perform with good form. I've looked
through and got a feel for some of the exercises and I think I'll be right with all the PE1 except for the rope
climb. What I found with my little play around is I'm not hinging at the hips anywhere near the demo clip, I
notices on the clip he is almost 90* from torso to legs, at a guess I think I'm about 30* but manage to pull my
self up. Any clues as to why I'm having troubles hinging at the hips. I'm only using rope with knotted loops
from garage truss until my proper rings arrive BTW.
I think I'll definitely get some kind of video recorder to check my form and progress, it will be a good investment.
Many thanks for any help.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
RC PE1 Tips and Help
Started by 347mont, October 26, 2015 · 5 Replies · 267 Views
Thank you for the reply Zach. I think some of the problem was my feet were sliding forward on the slippery surface.
I tried with knees bent which makes the progression easier I imagine, this prevented my feet from sliding however
I was still unable to get a nice hinge at the hips. This is something I'm already finding challenging and I'll have to
work hard to get this one correct.
I was having difficulty getting this one done as well. Feet sliding, incorrect hinge, and shoulder/elbow positioning. I watched the video a few more times and realized I was starting too far back and using TRX was harder due to the attachment point.
I tried it on rings at the base gym and was able to do it properly. Sitting almost underneath the rings with arms fully extended got me into the correct position.
Another idea I just got is to maybe put a stretch block under your backside and just hover over it during the hinge. Not sit on it during the movement, but graze just to make sure you're keeping your hips down. I might try that next time.
They are good ideas to try SarahsWhere. I have ordered some rings which should make it more
doable for me, it was really difficult trying to use rope with loops tied at the ends for this exersise.
I will also take a look at the vid to see where to position my shoulders and hips in relation to the
rings. Thank you.
I put a yoga mat on the floor. It helps with slippage.