This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent Arm Half Straddle Planche Hold sPL/SE1>iM Form Check

Started by chuchodani, October 24, 2015 · 11 Replies · 353 Views

chuchodani

Hey guys ! Could you please check my form ? Thanks.

 

palazzolo85

Extend your legs to about a 90 degree angle like in the F2 video. It's easier to keep the legs flexed to the glutes.

Nice job..bent arm straddle's are tough. Try it on the floor too, without paralletes.

chuchodani
palazzolo85 said:

Extend your legs to about a 90 degree angle like in the F2 video. It's easier to keep the legs flexed to the glutes.

Nice job..bent arm straddle's are tough. Try it on the floor too, without paralletes.

Yeah, I need to improved the angle in the calf. They are really tough, for that reason I'm using parallettes first to understand better the position and improved my strength.

palazzolo85

Yeah, the hardest part for me was the balance, you really need your hands / wrists under your hips and keep total body tension.

I posted a video of mine in this forum. Check it out and see what you think about my form.

B1214N

There is also a small arch in the lower back that you want to get rid of.

chuchodani
B1214N said:

There is also a small arch in the lower back that you want to get rid of.

Would it be eliminated with more protraction ?

B1214N
chuchodani said:

Would it be eliminated with more protraction ?

No, you need to fix your lower back activation. I know you are strong enough to hold it with a flat lower back for some amount of time since you held it for a long time with the small arch so it isn't a strength issue, but an activation issue.

chuchodani
B1214N said:

No, you need to fix your lower back activation. I know you are strong enough to hold it with a flat lower back for some amount of time since you held it for a long time with the small arch so it isn't a strength issue, but an activation issue.

So, should I active more my glutes and disengage my lower back ? Thanks !

B1214N
chuchodani said:

So, should I active more my glutes and disengage my lower back ? Thanks !

Both will be activated. You want to aim for more posterior pelvic tilt with your lower back.

chuchodani
B1214N said:

Both will be activated. You want to aim for more posterior pelvic tilt with your lower back.

Thank you ! Today I was playing with it and I think I found a way to descend while keeping a high degree of PPT.

Alessandro Mainente

a few tips:

-more ppt is necessary

-do it on the floor

-knees angle to 90° 

-push the shinbone to the side to avoid internal rotation

chuchodani
Alessandro Mainente said:

a few tips:

-more ppt is necessary

-do it on the floor

-knees angle to 90° 

-push the shinbone to the side to avoid internal rotation

Thanks for the tips, they are really good ones ! I'm going to apply them right away.