This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE2 + PE2>iM Form

Started by Spanias Harris, October 24, 2015 · 19 Replies · 201 Views

Spanias Harris

HS/PE2:

 

Is my form good on HS/PE2?

 

HS/PE2>iM:

 

I can hit (almost) shoulder level with the small barbell, but not at all with the second barbell (~8kg). Do we focus on shoulder level or on weights here? And if we focus on weights, how much?

chuchodani

PE: Nice balance, but you need to improve your line, pull your ribs in and engage that PPT while at the same time keeping your legs in the same vertical line, don't let them pike. That way you will eliminate the arch in the lower and mid back.

 

iM: Remember that when you're working on mobility you need to build the weight up slowly and pass through the 3 stages overload-load-underload. Here the objective is to bring the bar to shoulder height with a weight that allows you to do that.

Spanias Harris

Chuchodani thanks a lot for the tips! 

 

PE: I'll try your advice and post the video here!

 

iM: So what do you suggest me to do? Train with the small bar (is the height of the 1st bar enough?)? Add a little weight to the small bar? And what is the weight target? I should train to that to reach what number?

Alessandro Mainente

Pe: take your chest in. suppose someone giving you a punch in the sternum, as a natural consequence the arch in the back will disappear.

Im: This approach to mobility is wrong, you need to scale both weight and hands distance in order to lift the bar ALWAYS at 90° between arms and torso.

chuchodani
Spanias Harris said:

Chuchodani thanks a lot for the tips! 

 

PE: I'll try your advice and post the video here!

 

iM: So what do you suggest me to do? Train with the small bar (is the height of the 1st bar enough?)? Add a little weight to the small bar? And what is the weight target? I should train to that to reach what number?

I would recommend you to use a broomstick loaded with 1 kg plate and as Alessandro said you need to scale back the hand distance too. Even with the first bar your missing some degrees.

Alexander Egebak

You are craning a bit with your neck which is basically cheating for additional range of motion. Also, consider widening the grip to achieve more height and then gradually work your way in. Use the heaviest weight you can hyperextend your shoulders with to 90 degrees between torso and arms, then keep that weight until you have worked your way in to shoulder width grip. Afterwards, new weight. That is my approach.

Spanias Harris

Thanks for the tips! So does practising the same iM exercise will give me in the future the ROM i need or should i do additional exercises to increase my ROM for that?

 

@Alexander thanks for the advice!

chuchodani

This iM and the table progressions in the Foundation series would give you the ROM you need.

Spanias Harris

Ok then, i 'll start my week with PE2 and iM2 along with F1 (which i am starting with the FL/PE2 which as iM has the table!). Also i have a question for the table progression! I feel awkward in my elbows when i do the table progression with fingers looking on the back as it must. I can do it fairly easy and relaxed if my fingers looking at the side or in front (at my legs). Is that normal, is it dangerous for my elbows?

chuchodani

You need to upload a video in the proper section for us to see what is happening, at the beginning it feels kinda uncomfortable but because of that you should approach the movement carefully and let the connective tissue adapt, anything that feels like pain should be avoided being uncomfortable is acceptable. !

Spanias Harris

I opened a topic at the proper section for that (FL/PE2>iM - Table progression), if you have time check it out: 

Spanias Harris

Today i started my 1st week of HS training. I tried to apply all the tips i read above. When i try to maintain a PPT my legs are going forward, pretty hard to keep it in a vertical line with my body. I try to cave my chest are back (like i got punched), but i don't know if it's clear on video, definitely was in me.

 

HS/PE2:

 

As far for the iM, i got a broomstick that is light and long and i find my grip to raise it up to shoulders level. I 'll work my grip till its shoulder width and then i'll add some weight i guess!

 

HS/PE2>iM:

Gavc83

Just found this and its really helped. I struggled today with the iM on HS/PE2 so i'm going to widen grip then bring hands in then add weight. While doing this i will do the iM for FL/PE2 also to maybe push this forward, great idea.
 
this is my first week and gutted how far i was away with the iM but hopefully i keep seeing progress in this and the F7 work then it will all make sense.
 
spanias harris keep me posted on this with your progress and anything else you find and i'll try and do the same.

Cheers

Spanias Harris

Sure i will Gavc, i marked my width grip on the broomstick that as you can see it's very wide at the moment. I guess patience and practice is the key here!

chuchodani

PE: Your upper body looks good, now you need to bring your lower body into the same vertical line while keeping the same form, right now you're piked. I'm going to recommend you to work on PPT exercises in H1 after your main workout. Probably you can also have tight hip flexor.

 

iM: Now the angle looks good, work on getting the hands closer.

Spanias Harris

Yes i surely have tight hip flexors. If i am right that's also the reason i can't keep my glutes down on swivel hips exercise. I read on a topic for the hero pose and some other exercises to loosen up but it's ultra hard for me. Any advice on how to work and relax my hip flexors?

Alexander Egebak

Do split squats for hip flexor stretching and quadriceps strengthening.

 

Also, as to avoid the piking you need to tense the both abs and glutes in order to keep ppt.

 

For medial glute mobility I simply get into the habit of doing daily 50r glutes to EACH side because I have to sit down very much.

Spanias Harris

Thanks a lot Alexander!!!

Spanias Harris

So here i am almost 2 months from my starting post. I ll post again the PE2 and iM2 videos so anyone that has the time can compare it with the previous videos above, and advice me on any mistake or tip he has. On iM i am using at the moment a 5kg weight.

 

HS-PE2:

 

iM2: 

Harris Spanias

Greetings again, 

Here i am after 2 months still working on this iM, and i am happy to announce that in this time frame of 2 months(!) i have improved my (without weights) ROM by 4 centimeters on each side. My grip is 8 centimeters closer in just 2 months! I tried to capture the difference in a photo but the angle was a bit weird. This iM on HS1 and the Swivel hips on F1 were the most difficult for me, and i couldn't believe that in 2 months i came closer 8 cm! 

I am doing the tests with a light bar and without weights, because that was how i started this iM and i can compare my progress to that. I am working it in training with ~8-10 kg but with a wider grip. 

 P.S. I have put with a marker centimeters on the bar, 1 (the wide i started) - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 so i can compare in the test-retest! Was very useful to know exactly where i place my hands on each training!

16-02-2016 (+4_+4).jpg