I always do handstand work prior to F, so I'm more fresh for the skill parts.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Warm Up routine - Foundation 1
Started by Cornelius, October 24, 2015 · 29 Replies · 1,496 Views
vinca_minor said:I always do handstand work prior to F, so I'm more fresh for the skill parts.
Same. H1 is also a great shoulder warm up for F7
Brief cardio, limber up, quick 3*10-15 core circuit (combo tuck-straddle-Vup, side plank over arch reps, archups) and pre-strength style previously mastered element warmup depending on what elements I am training that day. Generally 20-30 mins and quite comprehensive, particularly important prior to low rep str workouts.
By 'coincidence' exactly what Ale described ![]()
20-30 minutes to warm up seems excessive to me. Honestly, I don't warm-up at all some workouts. I think if you are lifting heavy weights you need to warm up. If you are doing low reps on some of the advanced movements you probably need to warm up a bit.
Kelly Starrett makes a good point when he says do you see kids warming up, stretching, etc...at recess? does the leopard warm up before he chases his dinner?
If you want to do something, do some basic mobility work for 5-10 minutes tops.
Warm is proportional to your current level but the basic schedule remains the same.
Advanced GB students and trainers here share the same ideas and concepts. this is the result of a depth study of GB method, experience and continue education directly with Coach Sommer.
There is no need to write down more "personal opinion".