This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 and PE2>iM

Started by Spanias Harris, October 23, 2015 · 4 Replies · 99 Views

Spanias Harris

I can do fairly easy (i think with good technique) the SLS/PE2, but i lose balance if i try to go a bit faster and smooth on PE2>iM. The twisting squats are meant to go smooth and with a fast tempo?

 

SLS/PE2:

 

SLS/PE2>iM:

 

P.S. I think that my problem of stability in this exercise might be the floor (carpet). I tried it on the ground but was too harsh on my feet and then i placed this carpet but it was moving a bit during the twists!

Chris Garay

Hi Spanias,

You are correct: you need to go slower and smoother on the twisting squats. It might help to widen your stance, as well as reaching forwards with your arms. The Cossacks look good, just be sure to keep striving for full depth so that future single leg squat work becomes more accessible down the road.

Cheers,

Chris

Spanias Harris

Chris thanks for the advice!

 

I started yesterday my week from this progression. I 'll try to widen my stance in the next training day to see to check if it helps me.

Samin Ishtiaq

The PE is good; you could try deepening the movement, when you come down. 

The iM looks good too. Keep practicing, you're tempo will get smoother. 

 

A comment: I thought you'd not wear socks on the PE (to help you stick to the ground) but wear socks on the iM (to help you slip up or down). In fact, you've done the opposite! I've read now why you've done it: maybe try a yoga mat for the iM?

 

Samin

Spanias Harris

Samin usually i don't wear socks and train barefoot. I don't have a different mat at the moment, but i surely need one! In those videos i wear socks on both PE and iM! As for the depth i practiced today my F1 and cycle the last week on SLS. That's the depth i have at the moment: