static strenght training questions

Started by sandruzzo, September 18, 2009 · 3 Replies · 5,507 Views

sandruzzo

hi all!

I'm Sandro and I'm writing from Italy.I would like ask you if doing static strength training at multiple position (top,middle,bottom,locked) of an give exercises, could be effective, and if strength developed in such way could carry some benefit into pure dynamic strength even without doing dynamic strength training.

thanks a lot

ciao

Sandro : Sabene

Felipe

I remember some studies about the static-dynamic correlation in a 30° angle degree of motion, so you would need to practice 3 position for a movement of 90° or 6 for a movement of 180°.

Ora ti rispondo in italiano: gli esercizi statici incrementano di molto la forza, ma sono anche molto specifici quindi bisognerebbe mantenerli a diverse posizioni, e comunque non avresti i benefici di un allenamento completo sia dinamico che statico. Un movimento statico è utile solo nel raggio di 30° (ad esempio, una L-sit non può aiutarti a fare una V-sit)

OT: I think that an italian section on this forum would be useful!

sandruzzo

thanks felipe.

but I you use 3-4 position for examples with chin-up I'll cover all possible angle,so my static training could be effective for increase my strength even in dynamic movement.

ciao

Sandro :Sabene

Blairbob

Doing holds at certain points while doing the FundamentalBodyExercises such as pushups, pullups, etc makes sense but it is probably more efficient to do just do negatives with the holds and pull out. ( lower from inverted hang to lever and pull back to inverted hang or push to planche, hold, and lower down with control ).