New stall bars from Rogue

Started by knickknack, October 22, 2015 · 2 Replies · 3,836 Views

knickknack

I'm new to GST, and have been trying to figure out how to get myself equipped. Rogue Fitness just announced their updated stall bars. I have their S-2 squat rack and I love it. 

 

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-stall-bar-3-0

 

Rogue usually has a 5 items ship for free deal, as part of their Matte Black Friday promotions, which saves a lot shipping costs. I'm tempted. 

 

The bars will be available in wood or metal. I'd be interested in hearing reasons for preferring one over the other.

 

 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

I think it is only a preference. I prefer wood over metal (or plastic in another case) because I just like the feeling when I grab a piece of wooden equipment. Perhaps metal would last you longer unless rungs are made of very good quality wood.

Cole Dano

Wood feels nicer, better grip, not cold. I don't know what Rouge uses, but in general the strongest wood rails are laminates.

 

Steel should be stronger, depending on wall thickness.

 

I think the 2.0 looked better for a wall unit personally.