This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1 + iM1

Started by Spanias Harris, October 22, 2015 · 13 Replies · 219 Views

Spanias Harris

Can i proceed to the PE2 or is anything wrong with my form on PE1/iM1 ?

 

Alessandro Mainente

For the PE i prefer heels on butt and  butt a little bit more in-line over the head.

You have a very natural shoulders flexion.

Spanias Harris

Thanks a lot for watching the video! I am trying in every exercise to mimic the site video, that's why my heels are there! Should i try it again with heels on butt and butt lined with my head or go to PE2? What do you suggest?

Alessandro Mainente

Basically heels on butt is useful in order to learn the stacked position and reach the PE2/PE3 positions.

when you need to lift the legs from tucked position you will find that is necessary make the leverage shorter (heels on butt while upper legs move closer to horizontal position) and after extend progressively the knees and the hips over your head.

Spanias Harris

I can see your point and it makes total sense. I will do it again then with heels on butt and i 'll post the video.

Spanias Harris

I tried it again, i guess you meant something like that! Flat back as possible and heels toward butt. Very relaxing in contrast with my 1st video for my lower back (had hernia surgery last August)!

 

HS/PE1 (Heels on butt)

vannybute

It actually looks like you're internally rotating for the im. Mind posting a side view?

Spanias Harris

@GenericGymnast do u mean a front view as i guess? 

vannybute

Well, for the iM, something that will show us your back...

Spanias Harris

Oh, my bad then, thought u are talking about the PE!

 

I guess u mean that (the camera is a bit down):

 

Spanias Harris

@Zach Armijo that's what i am working on! So far this is the closest i can go, without flexion of my cervical spine. If i place my hands closer my neck goes forward, else i cant reach the 90 degrees! I guess after i am able to place my hands at the appropriate place, then i'll start adding some weight!

vannybute
Spanias Harris said:

Can i proceed to the PE2 or is anything wrong with my form on PE1/iM1 ?

 

I was referring to your im1, it seems you are internally rotating. Could you please post a view of the im1 that shows us your entire back?

 

Thanks!

vannybute

You must keep your elbow-pit facing DOWNWARDS to prevent (i think it's) external rotation of the shoulder. You are supposed to go for retraction and depression.

vannybute

Could you post a view of your back during im1? I'm pretty sure you're retracting and rotating. thanks!