This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE6 - Scap position

Started by Gavin S, October 22, 2015 · 10 Replies · 323 Views

Gavin S

Hi all,

 

I know there is not enough lean yet but how is the scap position?

 

post-1423-0-92996300-1445478942_thumb.pn

Gavin S

Thanks. But the protraction is alright?

Alessandro Mainente

Difficult to judge protraction since there are different factors that could mask it. first hips should be at shoulders height.

Gavin S

Thanks. I am working depression in plank now to get the feel. In elevated leans I will lower the hips to shoulder height.

Alexander Egebak

The box might also be too high. You should be completely horizontal here.

Gavin S

Noted. I will check the box height on the next attempt.

Gavin S

Progress report: I have my hips locked in with ppt at shoulder height. Quick win.

My question is this. Should the lat, pec and trap activation feel exactly the same in an elevated lean as it does in a floor lean? My planche lean feels great but my elevated lean doesn't.

chuchodani
Gavin S said:

Progress report: I have my hips locked in with ppt at shoulder height. Quick win.

My question is this. Should the lat, pec and trap activation feel exactly the same in an elevated lean as it does in a floor lean? My planche lean feels great but my elevated lean doesn't.

It should feel exactly the same because your doing the same position but in a elevated surface. In the first picture from you, your depression is not right, so your activation is not the same as it would be in the floor.

 

Edit: Even when I do Frog Stand, activation feels the same but with different leverage.

Gavin S

Progress Report: Hips in line with shoulders and feeling much more serratus and lat activation.

 

Does this look better? I will work on more lean as well.

 

post-1423-0-38814700-1446418992_thumb.pn

Jon Douglas

Line is better. You have some more activation to get by correcting the crane of your head forward though :) this'll light everything up all over again.

Back curvature should come from spreading the scaps, not hunching. Easy trap to fall into, great time to fix it :)

May not be the cause but your feet look a little high to me... think you may be reaching up with your mid back to maintain a straight line.

Gavin S

Thanks Jon. I'll check the course video for head positioning and work on spreading the scaps.