This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weight for SL/PE4-iM?

Started by HB_Ron, October 20, 2015 · 5 Replies · 185 Views

HB_Ron

Hey!

How much weight should I pick for this oblique stretch?

 

If I pick a 8 kg kettlebell , I barely feel any stretch. 12 kg is okay, but after 2 sets I feel almost no stretch.

 

My weight is 69 kg, should I stay with this weight or pick up a heavier or maybe even a lighter weight?

 

Thanks!

Itamar sha'ashuaS

I'm doing it with 7.5 kg and feeling the stretch very good.

Maybe it's your technique..

Freeflyer

I used 16kg KBs personally.  I think the idea is to use whatever you need to properly feel the stretch without turning it into too much of a strength exercise.

Mark Collins

10-20 kg is enough weight.

HB_Ron
Freeflyer said:

...without turning it into too much of a strength exercise..

I somewhat agree..However, after mastery we should increase the weight like in JCs(MN/PE2-iM), shouldn't we?

 

Btw, thank you and Mark !

Mark Collins

You can increase the weight, but when you look at the more advanced SL exercises you will get the stimulus with the strength element.