This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

From planck to planche lean: body line

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, October 20, 2015 · 4 Replies · 259 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

Just a question, I tried to see if my body line changes during the sliding from planck to planche lean.

Here I post a few frames in comparison.

 

post-10847-0-62390200-1445348711_thumb.p

 

What I've noticed is that knees and hips are at the same level. On the other hand,  the top height of upper back (orange line) decreases a bit. Even my ears/head lower a bit.

I simply wonder if this is correct! maybe should my hips decrease them a bit too? or should the top of my upper back be at the same line of planck?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I want to be sure of this! :lol:

Thanks guys!

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

This is normal, during lean the shoulders height is reduced in favor of horizontal component. this leads of bodyparts different positioning.

Kasper Stangerup

Indeed, it's a matter of trigonometry. The height of your shoulders/upper back over the floor is proportionate to cosine to the angle between your arm and vertical.

Cole Dano

The actual shape stays the same, the angles change, unless you have arm extenders. ;)

Alexander Egebak

If you want to test your angle go into an elevated plank/planche lean and use mirror, video or partner to see if your back is completely straight