Just a curiosity of mine.
I noted since little time that during my maximum stretch in my standing pike I contract my thighs extensors.
So I once tried to lower myself paying attention to not contracting them and I noted that I can lower much less. Moreover my left thigh starts to shake during a deep stretch.
During my last stretching sessions I gradually piked over the course of minutes with deep and long breaths according to the diaphragmatic respiration. I could lower myself much faster but I wanted to avoid the shake, and, in fact, I was able to touch the ground without making my thigh shake. However, if I had lowered myself more, even much slower, my left thigh would have started to shake again even if I felt I could lower more.
Anyway if I stretch like I'm used to doing (contracting thigh) I can touch my knees with the head, or push my whole hands palms ont eh ground and even a bit aside to increase the difficoulty.
What do you suggest me to do? Keeps on stretching with relaxed thighs or not?
Moreover, why that shake? And why to the left thigh only? I think it would be normal if I got to my maximum amplitude, but I know that I could go more lower. Moreover this does not happen with sitting pike which I do with fully relaxed thigh but, on the other, my arms fatigue to keep my ankle to let me hold the stretch.
Thank you ![]()