This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE2 Form Check

Started by Vytautas Pilkauskas, October 17, 2015 · 3 Replies · 76 Views

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Good evening, how are you doing?

 

Here's my first ever go at elbow planks. What do you think? I all start to shake at about 30 seconds mark but could make it for 4x48 sec will see how it goes the next week at 4x60 sec.

 

I will upload a video of PE and iM pair next week. But here's the question about iM: where should I place my hips? In Arch Ups I place my hips so that I fold right above the pubic bone, is it the same with this iM?

I did it with my all hips on a chair which made it quite easy to do, I guess it's wrong?

 

Thank you in advance.

 

chuchodani

Looks solid to me !

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hi there,

 

Here's a quick update. Apologies for an unfocused camera shot, however you can still see everything needed to assert form. :)

 

This week was 4x60 s which was terribly terribly hard with this exercise, I believe because it was only 2nd week of doing them.

 

As you can see in the video, my biceps is the most visible muscle to be shaking but my whole body is like that after about 30 seconds in the first two sets and after 20 seconds in the last - 4th set.

But shaking is nothing compared to the burning sensation in my abdominals and hips region. I have never felt burning like that ever ever before in my enitre life. Was it supposed to be like that in sPL progressions??? I appreciate it though, because I can assume how stronger I will get after mastering elbow planks and what carryover it will have to everything else. :)

 

And yes, I don't have anything better for iM, still trying to find a better place to do them. :)

 

 

 

Thank you very very much!

chuchodani

I think you're doing iM wrong, to my undestanding and experience, your hips should be hanging not resting on the object. But I think your setup wouldn't allow you. Just to have your hips off the object increase the difficulty tremendously