This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 & sPL/PE1>iM

Started by Lina, October 17, 2015 · 5 Replies · 83 Views

Lina

Hello,

I did 5x15r of sPL/PE1 for the first time, but I'm a little bit unsure about the form.

1) I'm arching my back a little bit while retracting the shoulders and I think my hip could be a little bit too high?

2) Is the ROM of iM enough?

 

Front view (PE1)

 

 

Side view (PE1) & Front view (iM)

 

 

 

Tom Dent

Hi Lina,

 

i'm no expert in the slightest but from what ive seen others say/do is that your shoulders should more or less stay still while retracting and protracting your scapula. As you see in your video your shoulder is almost rocking back and forward. 

 

The mobility element looks great.

 

But again dont take my word on it, clarification for this would be great :)

Alessandro Mainente

For the PE try to fix your hips and work only on the upper back region.

IM is fine , your hips mobility is very very good.

Giovanni Garcea

shouldn't the hands be pointing out for the PE?

chuchodani

I think you need to re-understand the PE, ideally it should be just a movement that occurs in the scapula while the body remain locked with the hips relatively motionless. I've made a video for you too see if I can help you.

 

 

1- Try to do the PE on your knees while holding the body in a straight position with good PPT. In your video you're somewhat piked at the top. Don't round your spine in order to get more protraction, it can be just an ilusion. Try to feel your lats engage and your shoulder depressed.

 

2- Extend your legs while holding the same body shape you had kneeling and start the movement.

 

3-If your still find it difficult try it with hands on the wall. You can even do it just like I do at the beginning of this video.

 

 

Edit: Don't do the movement at the tip of your toes, you have socks on and it can reduce the friction making the exercise more difficult. It's just my opinion.

Lina

Thanks everyone for your answers. Especially chuchodani, this is very helpful. I'll try your tips and try to fix my form. I think I have an idea of it now.