This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL/PE 5 & HBP/PE 2.5 Form Checks

Started by HB_Ron, October 17, 2015 · 4 Replies · 193 Views

HB_Ron

Hello people,

I was doing these two elements after 5X9r of HBP/PE2.

I'm so not ready to train these yet. But I think it'll be more beneficial than harmful to play with these after foundation from time to time.

 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated  ^_^

Planche Lean:

Half way PPP:

Alessandro Mainente

For the PL leans you need to lean more and focus on holding protraction and depression without piking at the hips.

for the HBP PE3 you are loosing the PPT during the ascent portion.

chuchodani

sPL/PE5: In my opinion it's counter productive to increase the lean even more once you start your hold. In order to avoid this I found for myself beneficial to perform this exercise with my head near to a wall, put my hands in a preset start point and lean until my hair is bruising the wall, this way I'm not allowed to increase or reduce the lean through the hold.

Alexander Egebak
chuchodani said:

sPL/PE5: In my opinion it's counter productive to increase the lean even more once you start your hold. In order to avoid this I found for myself beneficial to perform this exercise with my head near to a wall, put my hands in a preset start point and lean until my hair is bruising the wall, this way I'm not allowed to increase or reduce the lean through the hold.

Very nice suggestion!

Cole Dano

Nothing wrong with increasing the lean that way in a 'play' set. Your final lean would be a good starting point when this element becomes a work element.

 

Do note that as you lean more, you protract less. Maintain that protraction in the lean!