This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 Form Check and advice request

Started by Giovanni Garcea, October 17, 2015 · 3 Replies · 121 Views

Giovanni Garcea

Hi, given the sorry state of my form below, what is the right way to go about it? Should I stay at week 1 until things get substantially better or should I progress a little more in the template so I get more reps in every week and I get more opportunities to try and improve my form? Any other advice is welcome!

Awesssss

As you may already know more compression is needed. How I do my straddle ups and v-ups (and tuck ups) is before the initial lift, just at the very moment before, engage in ppt and then straddle up.

 

In my opinion, if improving your compression (form) is your goal, then practice is the key here. Doing same few reps every week won't get you far, in my experience and in my opinion.

Everett C

The tempo is a bit slow but the form isn't awful, just engage your core more as you start to rise and keep working on your compression. Sit your chest up high and practice holding the top position.

Jon Douglas

You may find that you can solve part of this by adjusting your balance and sitting more forward. This is a common error and may be easiest corrected by holding your top position as Everett says.

In terms of training manip, my go-to for this situation, when I start a new element and get defeated by it, is to keep reps quite low and double the sets. I think this plus stretching will do you some good :)